Sunday 28 September 2014

Out and About and Under

I did not spend as much time in the field as I would have liked, but we did drive up to Florenceville-Bristol to see the fall colours. The trees grew greener as we drove west. In the Juniper area the colours are nearly at their peak, but down in the river valley, things are still moist and dark.

I spent a good deal more time this weekend under the sun porch, trying to turn this  . . .


into something more like this . . . 


If you don't see much difference, I can't really blame you. All I can say is that it takes a lot of digging before you can do the carpentry, and a lot of carpentry before you can do the insulation. Winter is coming on much too quickly this year, though I must say the last three days have been absolutely balmy--mid-20s and sunny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment