Wednesday 29 July 2015

Flow soft . . .

The Crick is still flowing, thanks to a week of drizzle. We haven't had the time this summer to clear up the woodlot properly, and the little Crick is quite overgrown. I couldn't find the bank on Monday when I hopped across to put out the trash and almost splashed into the middle. I haven't lugged the the chainsaw into the woods once, apart from a single foray with Pat on the downed boundary trees. Still, there's a certain charm in the unshaped lushness. I'm still hoping to put another culvert in, but I can feel the summer drawing to a close and there is much to be done with the house before winter. The summer, in the end, is all too short, and the dark days are coming.


On the other hand, it won't be so bloody hot! It was 30 degrees in the sunporch when we got home yesterday. I closed up the house
completely this morning--a high of 29 is forecast. We'll see how close it comes. Lovely bluebells below.

No comments:

Post a Comment