Sunday 18 December 2016

Highs and Lows

On Friday it was -23.5; today, Sunday, it is 0. All the little cobwebs have frozen in the eaves.



I tried to drive down to the church to fix the organ. I got as far as the Williamsburg road and I was sideslipping like mad. Turning around was easy: I cranked the wheel and hit the gas. I had to bash through the dense slush berm at the foot of the driveway.




On the night of the 14th, the Geminids were supposed to be near their peak. I clumped around trying to get a shot but finding nothing but a bright moon and the fixed stars. Eventually I realized I was facing West, not East. This didn't help. I discovered the 24mm could capture smoke from the chimneys that I could not see in the dark. Next time I will use a tripod.

No comments:

Post a Comment