Tuesday 11 May 2021

Auto Time

 Earlier in the week, the brakes started squealing on the Hyundai and Diane's Toyota died, so I've been back in the garage a little. The battery had died on the Toyota, and in the manner of contemporary batteries its failure was sudden and complete. I simply bought a new one at Canadian Tire. I changed the squealing pad on the passenger side on the Hyundai; as you can see, the outer pad was pristine while the inner one was gone. On the weekend I did the other side, and it was the same: outer pad barely used but the inner one completely worn away. I pressed the caliper pistons back and they did not seem to be sticking, so I cleaned and greased the slides carefully. I hope this doesn't recur--after only 40K it seems a bit premature!

As a side note, I also finally assembled the workbench Jo bought me. I'll have to do some adjusting to the work area; I think I'll chop out the old wooden bench, save the portion with the big Record vice, and pop the new metal bench in that space.



No comments:

Post a Comment