Thursday 1 August 2019

Vanity

I sometimes wonder why so many projects get delayed. This is a typical case: we were advancing nicely on the garage renovations when the van failed its MVI due to bad rear rotors. I had to drop everything and fix them, which I did the same evening and the following morning.


I was quite sure that the calipers were seized, and the pads were the old style (non-ceramic), so I went for the full package: pads, rotors, and calipers.


As has become usual, I had to use the cut-and-cold-chisel approach to remove the old rotors--they were rusted to the hubs.


It was good to see the new parts in place--they do not continue to look shiny and new for long, but it's nice while it lasts. They were a little difficult to bleed--on one side the copper washer required a lot of torque before it conformed to the caliper face and made a proper seal. In the end, I felt the van braking was more responsive. Anyway, this is one reason why the house and woodlot sometimes do not get the attention they deserve!

No comments:

Post a Comment